Skilled front-end developer/project lead with extensive background and knowledge of HTML/CSS coding, web design, graphics creation and layout. Able to effectively communicate with designer and back end programmers to create front end code which accurately represents the original design down to the smallest detail, while at the same time coding according to W3C standards and industry best practices.
Coding & Development Skills
- HTML/XHTML/HTML5 (since 1995)
- CSS/CSS3 (since 2002)
- jQuery (since 2009)
- PHP (since 2009)
- XML (since 2002)
- SSI Includes (since 1997)
- Classic ASP (5 years)
- UI Design (since 1995)
- Responsive Design (since 2012)
Development Tools & Software
- Adobe Photoshop (since 1992)
- Adobe Dreamweaver (since 2000)
- SharePoint Designer (2 years)
- MS Visual Studio (4 years)
- Bradbury TopStyle (2 years)
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Visio (2 years)
- SVN: Versions, Tortoise (since 2012)
- MS Visual Studio (6 years)
- Visual SourceSafe (3 years)
- WordPress (since 2008)
- SharePoint (3 years)
- Interwoven TeamSite (since 2000)
- Joomla, Drupal, SiteCore, SiteFinity
St. Louis, MO
Senior Front-end Developer
4/2013 – present
XHTML/HTML5, CSS/CSS3, SASS/SCSS, jQuery, XHTML, WordPress, SharePoint, Adobe CS6
- Create, update and maintain multiple client sites including Monsanto, Mobile On the Run and St. Vincent Healthcare.
St. Louis, MO
Front-end Developer, Lead WordPress Developer
12/2006 – 3/2013
XHTML/HTML5, CSS/CSS3, jQuery, XHTML, WordPress, Interwoven TeamSite, Adobe CS6
- Create, update and maintain multiple client sites including AT&T, Emerson, Enterprise Holdings, Boston Market, Midwest Dairy Association, Solae, Hallmark and CityArchRiver 2015.
- Create WordPress sites and themes based on comps provided by both internal and external designers. Make complex content layouts easy for non-technical users to update via the WP admin panel. Create custom plugins for client data input.
- Integrate client sites with social media including Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest. Set up custom ShareThis and AddThis functionality.
- Work with designers on UI design for responsive and/or mobile sites.
- Test and optimize sites for multiple browsers, devices and sizes.
- Create Facebook Tabs or Skin MySpace web sites for clients. Create HTML emails based on PSDs from designers.
- Mentor junior developers in process and coding standards.
att.com/aboutus, att.com/annualreport2012, textbands.com, hallmarkholidayguide.com, threeforksranch.com, ac-heatingconnect.com, cityarchriver.org, thebatterycontrolled.com, dairymakessense.com, missourionthemove.org, goodfats101.com, usfoodteamwork.com, atexexpresspipeline.com, metathinq.com, modream.org, dpipro.com, forewords.drivingfutures.com
Freelance Web Designer
3/2003 – 12/2006
XHTML, CSS/CSS3, jQuery, eCommerce, SSI Includes, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Web templates creation, UI Design
- Create and design new web sites for clients, including Ace Internationals, DR-San, Dazzling Dezigns, BuyMyBeads.com and Jewelry by Me.
- Use Dreamweaver to create templates for the client to update. Train the client to update their site. Scan graphics and edit copy as needed.
- Redesign existing websites to implement Mal's eCommerce scripting or OptionCart. Research advertising opportunities. Register sites at search engines and web directories.
9/2004 – 12/2006
- Collaborate with designer to create front-end code which accurately represents the original design down to the smallest detail.
- Design and code skins for use with IT intranet portal (BEA Workshop).
- Utilize Adobe Photoshop & Fireworks to edit and create design compositions.
- Create detailed wireframe documents in Visio, representing a 50+ page application, in order to analyze and redesign the flow and design of an existing application.
- Create XHTML prototypes from wireframes and/or graphical comps.
Georgia Tech Research Institute
10/2003 – 9/2004
XHTML, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, WebTrends
- Update and maintain existing web sites. Run WebTrends reports for GTRI web sites.
- Create spec designs for their approval and any other graphics. Create designs that are easy to navigate, load quickly and are easily expanded and updated. Create Dreamweaver templates and modify content.
- Create paper and HTML prototypes for application development. Assist in UI design.
International Webmaster Association
Web Business Certificate (Apr. 2004)
Web Technologies Certificate (Sept. 2002)
University of Missouri, Columbia, MO
BJ in Journalism, emphasis in Magazine (May 1995)
AB in English, emphasis in Language (May 1995)
- Web Animation with Flash (IWA/HWG)
- Design Concepts (IWA/HWG)
- Introduction to Java Server Pages (IWA/HWG)
- CSS 2.1 in Depth (IWA/HWG)
- Search Engine Marketing (IWA/HWG)
- Intermediate CSS Workshop (IWA/HWG)
- Fast Track to Fireworks MX (echo11media)
- Web Content Writing and Editing (IWA/HWG)
- Search Engine Optimization (IWA/HWG)
- Contracting Your Services (IWA/HWG)
- Introduction to Cascading Style Sheets (IWA/HWG)
- Introduction to XHTML (IWA/HWG)
- Introduction to XML (IWA/HWG)
- Accessible Web Design (IWA/HWG)
- Introduction to Web Design (IWA/HWG)
- Basic Supervision (Keye Production Center)
- Dreamweaver (Media Magic)
- Flash (Gwinnett Tech)
- Managing Personal Growth (Concert)
- Interwoven TeamSite User Training (Interwoven)
- TeamSite Templating Training (Interwoven)
- Advanced Templating Training (Interwoven)